Top Social

Travel, Music, Culinary

Overland Bekasi to Bali

Friday, March 24, 2017
Take a selfie at Paiton-Besuki Power Plant
Overland Bekasi to Bali - motorbike touring by myself,  Spends 3 Days one way, more than 2000 km's return. Riding 125 cc Honda City Sport 1, with Pertamax plus (Ron 98) Gasoline all the way.

It was my first time to go on motorbike touring by myself in such a long distance. This single tour was my longest motorbike single tour journey so far.

My route
I used north line road of Java, return. Started from Bekasi city (West Java) ➡ Cirebon ➡ Tegal (Central Java) ➡ Semarang ➡ Gresik (East Java) ➡ Surabaya ➡ Banyuwangi ➡ Ending in Kuta (Bali).

There were no trouble at all on the road or from the bike. This almost 4 years old Honda CS1 125cc motorbike engines were awesome!. I only stop for fueling the gas, -/+ 4-5 hours ride, drinking a half tank w/ full throttle (110-122 km per hour).

Riding in the day and take a rest at dark. So I can still focus on the road. The weather was sunny and rainy. The north route of Java & South route Bali road was 75% in good condition aspal/concrete, 25% left was bad at that time.

I did this single motorbike touring in 2013.

DAY [1]
I started the journey at just before afternoon, forgot the exact time. Only bring 1 backpack, full face helmet, Jacket, rain coat, and 1 pair of sneekers.

Salted eggs
Have tried (salted egg?) aka Telor Asin in Tegal city. The Eggs have two type ; usual blue and black. Both of it were delicious.

You should try it while you visit Tegal. This city produced fine quality of salted egg and home city of 'Warteg'. I reached Tegal city around 7 PM, check-in at local hotel called Hotel Maya, take a shower, sleep.

Day 1 Route : Bekasi ➡ Cikampek ➡ Indramayu ➡ Cirebon ➡ Brebes ➡ Tegal

DAY [2]
After breakfast, check-out, continue the Journey at 8 AM o'clock. Passing cities of Pemalang ➡ Pekalongan ➡ Semarang ➡ Kudus ➡ Pati ➡ Tuban (East Java) ➡ Lamongan ➡ Gresik ➡ ending in Surabaya city.

Arrived in Surabaya almost 9 PM, check-in Hotel, take a long hot shower, sleep. Day 2 makes me so tired, my hands can't stop shaking because holding hand grip for 13 hours and my body lost balance. When I walk, felt like flying. Haha..

But after a long day, Surabaya treated me good with their local food. So I had a good sleep that night 👌.

The journey in day 2, especially the road when I enter the East Java Region, half of it were in bad condition. Exact location start from (Jalan Kragan - Rembang - Surabaya, Jalan Tuban - Semarang) untill Jalan Manunggal at that time.

DAY [3]
Had breakfast Nasi Goreng Surabaya at the hotel, it was delicious. My stomach full, body felt fresh, time to go.

One silly thing happened when I tried to escape from Surabaya city heading east to Sidoarjo. I've been riding around in circle at the same street over and over maybe 3 or 4 times just because my iPhone GPS were confuse, can't be accurate. It was my GSM card signal.

Insane traffic in Sidoarjo
My time tried to get out from Surabaya city in the morning were at the same time people goes to work. Traffic everywhere, mostly motorbike. I finally can breath just after outside Sidoarjo.

While heading East to Banyuwangi, am passing a big pound of mud in Sidoarjo. It was a catrastrophe gas drilling causing crack on earth down there and unstoppable mud squirts from it.

Probolinggo
After refueling gasoline, not far after Kraksaan I decided to stop at PLTU Paiton-Besuki. It's a big power plant I've ever saw! Take a selfie a view times and continue the journey.

a truck accident at Taman Nasional Baluran
Taman Nasional Baluran
Baluran National Parks, passing thru with full throttle. Suddenly, a view meter in front of me there were an accident. A truck rolled transversely in the middle of the road. The driver and other passengers survived.

I reached at Ketapang port / ASDP Indonesia Ferry Ketapang-Gilimanuk around 1 PM. It takes 40 minutes crossing between Java & Bali island.

Ketapang-Gilimanuk Ferry
This was my second time I boarded a ship to be honest, since 2nd grade. Well, my first time boarded the ferry. Sat at the top deck, at that time I wish I have a girlfriend or wife and do scene like on titanic movie!...on ferry. 😅

[To be continue...]
Post Comment
Post a Comment